Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #9841  by odin

Hi there! If a tank is over stocked their breeding will grind to a halt, and you will get high levels of nitrates (if your tank is cycled) if not high ammonia levels.
 #9842  by Shrimps

@odin, I see. I think that might be the issue for my case then. I don't do a separate tank for post larvae keeping my tank's breeding has almost come to a halt with probably a handful of larvae seen recently. And i don't see any more berried females even thought my water parameters are all alright. :laugh:

I supposed it is time to start a new tank or upgrade a bigger tank. Can you guys share some inspirational ideas please. :smile:
 #9843  by odin

I use a 140litre tank for my breeder and small 30litre cubes for larvae but the small tanks are now fully breeding on their own.. I’m being over run :sidesmile:
 #9844  by Shrimps

@odin
so how do you deal with the current "over run" situation? How many adults are there in your 140litre breeder tank? personally I myself I'm doing a 70litres tank only and i have probably around 500-600 of them in it.
 #9869  by odin

Hehe definitely! My sales pay for this forum and server behind it, the shrimp pay it for us all :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro