Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #1586  by Ann

I've been reading how Opae Ula are sensitive to noise. I plan to set up in the living room and although it's only the two of us right now, it is a pretty noisy household. With a loud barking dog, squawking bird and television, it's not exactly quiet. Would the little Opies be okay?
Ann
 #1588  by odin

Absolutely Ann, its vibrations that may hinder breeding and cause them to skit around the tank until they settle down (like when you start moving things in their tank) I have a fresh water tank in my front room and my other half exercises regularly and jumps all around the room causing the floorboards to shake the tank a bit and they seem quite happy so i really wouldn't worry about some noise pollution, that's my opinion anyway :upsidedown:
Last edited by odin on 12 Oct 2016 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
 #1589  by opae ula related

I have kids and no issues with noise. They are like in their little world. :laugh:
 #1592  by opae ula related

Alpha Opae Ula are another story. They seem to be sensitive to light and hard vibrations. For my tank anyways.
 #1594  by odin

The lid on my alpha tank is a sheet of glass that sits on some plastic clips and taking it on and off makes such a bang :upset:
 #1596  by Ann

Thank you all for your answers. I can set up the tank without worries. I'm not getting Alphas so that's okay, too.
Ann :smile: