Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #2318  by Priscilla

Bat wrote:Unfortunately it's a common problem, especially in summer.

Last august wife's friend sprayed insecticide against mosquitos at home. Consequence: 300 shrimps died, including CBS and CRS.

Good news: halocaridina seems to be stronger than other shrimps. Go ahead and good luck. Spray indoor never, not only dangereous for shrimp. No rain inside our home, insecticide remain and contamine clothes, towels and furniture.
Oh my, 300 is a lot :huh:
Thanks, I'll update you guys on the shrimps again!
 #2319  by Priscilla

opae ula related wrote:Wow, 300 is a lot ofImageImageImage!! Priscilla, How are they doing?
Hey,

All 20 of them are grabbing onto a 1 inch coral that I put into the temp jar.
Added that coral because I didn't add any gravel for them to stand or grab on.
Some colored, some pale.

Today, most of them are able to walk and swim around around.

Yesterday they were just clumping together into a ball and their walking legs are closed together like how a spider closes its legs when dead :sad2:

I am not sure if they are doing alright though. :upset:
 #2320  by opae ula related

From "dead" to swimming around is good news! :happy: I think you found them at the nick of time!
 #2321  by Priscilla

opae ula related wrote:From "dead" to swimming around is good news! :happy: I think you found them at the nick of time!
I am only glad. I think I'm gna give them bee pollen and spirulina mix to help them regain their health again? :grin3:
 #2322  by opae ula related

Priscilla wrote:
opae ula related wrote:From "dead" to swimming around is good news! :happy: I think you found them at the nick of time!
I am only glad. I think I'm gna give them bee pollen and spirulina mix to help them regain their health again? :grin3:
Good idea. Give them some strength.
 #2323  by Priscilla

opae ula related wrote:
Priscilla wrote:
Good idea. Give them some strength.
I just fed them spirulina! They're all picking and swimming around! :laugh:
They must have gotten hungry from all the stress & shock from yesterday.
 #2325  by opae ula related

Since it is a "new" tank and never cycled, you will have to monitor the water often. Follow Odin's section on the topic. :smile:
 #2351  by Priscilla

opae ula related wrote:Did you happen to have a before and after picture?
c5ba27a0f8e3d10c847f6557db05dee4.jpg
c5ba27a0f8e3d10c847f6557db05dee4.jpg (101.03 KiB) Viewed 7386 times
21100fd7ff6188f27968377aba2f2bcd.jpg
21100fd7ff6188f27968377aba2f2bcd.jpg (81.42 KiB) Viewed 7386 times

This is the before and after.

They were clustered together and I could just move them around with the pipette and the whole ball would move.

Second pic is quite recent. More alive and swimming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk