Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #172  by Kanuha

Hi again Odin,

Thanks for the link - yes, I spotted this guy a few weeks back and am hoping he'll put another batch up for sale before too long. I did message him to ask, and told him I couldn't buy at the time that auction was running because wasn't convinced my tank was sufficiently cycled & didnt want to stress the shrimp/overload the filter etc.

Am looking forward to adding a few more bodies though, I think my few are finding that tank a bit lonely, but they do seem happy & healthy apart from that :)

They get about a 1 mm max nib of shrimplab algae biscuit every week - which they love & then I leave the pods to clear up what's left. but I hear you regarding the biofilm - they spend ages on the resin tree scooping that up!
 #173  by odin

Kanuha wrote:Hi again Odin,

Thanks for the link - yes, I spotted this guy a few weeks back and am hoping he'll put another batch up for sale before too long. I did message him to ask, and told him I couldn't buy at the time that auction was running because wasn't convinced my tank was sufficiently cycled & didnt want to stress the shrimp/overload the filter etc.

Am looking forward to adding a few more bodies though, I think my few are finding that tank a bit lonely, but they do seem happy & healthy apart from that :)

They get about a 1 mm max nib of shrimplab algae biscuit every week - which they love & then I leave the pods to clear up what's left. but I hear you regarding the biofilm - they spend ages on the resin tree scooping that up!

Its always worth shooting him a message on ebay if you cant wait, im guilty of that :smile: