Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #5511  by Algae In Space

One of my Opae Ulas is totally morbid. She swims slowly around without orientation as it seems. Lands on the ground and lies there for some seconds (even on his back) then swims somewhere else. He is just tumbling around. :cry: :sad:

Lost one already. He behaved kind of similar and then I found him dead the next day. Do you guys have losses too? I don't understand. The others seem quite happy.

I guess it's a she. Look at the eggs in the neck area. She hangs around and looks pretty messed up. There is also this stuff on the antennae. She looks filthy. What sickness could this be? :sad2:

#5512  by odin

That's bad news, you need to do a large water change strait away to stop them dying. Maybe contamination from something? Have you used or put anything in the tank that could of been in contact with anything poisonous?
 #5513  by Algae In Space

Well not that I know of. And the other one died weeks ago. I can only think about one thing right now. I threw in one corn of cooked rice. One tried it. Maybe this one. Could it be that? :hmm:

The one time I let them try something...
 #5514  by odin

Could be the issue, you just have to think back to what you have changed or added recently and take it from there. I would definitely do a large water change though.
 #5516  by odin

Have you used any cleaning products near by or body spray/perfume etc?
 #5517  by Algae In Space

Yeah that could be... but I am careful... what do you use to clean the outside of the tank?

Sadly I have to wait until tomorrow I don't have any water left.

I don't understand what's wrong with my tank. Always the slight mist. Two shrimp dying. Damn.
 #5518  by odin

I just use RO water on a kitchen towel/cloth but to be honest i very rarely clean them :blush:
 #5519  by opae ula related

two died :upset:
sorry to hear.
Like Odin said, change the water.
You have a timeline of what you added to the tank? you have a cover?