Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #212  by Ann

Hi, Odin,
In your opinion, do you fèel that Opai Ula will stop breeding once they reach full capacity of their tank, or continue to breed and overpopulate their enclosure such as Cherry Shrimp do?
Ann
 #214  by odin

The Opae ula will slow down breeding when the tank gets full, they are not prolific breeders like cherry's so don't worry about that aspect. If you are thinking about the size of tank then anything over 10litres is a good start, the larger the tank the easier it is to control the water conditions and plus it is more forgiving.
 #216  by Ann

Thank you. It's not that I don't like babies, but physical limitations would disallow
me from taking care of more and more tanks.
Ann
 #217  by odin

They don't carry many eggs compared to fresh water shrimp either :wink:
 #218  by Ann

That's good to know. I do have a ten gallon tank, but it would be too much to handle with the hundreds of shrimp that I would get. I feel that it would be my responsibility to care for them. I'm planning and taking this slowly so that I can make the best home possible for these little shrimp. I'm learning a tremendous amount
here. This is a great place.

Ann
 #219  by odin

Thank you! its still a work in progress :laugh: i get most done at the weekends.
 #220  by Ann

I can only imagine how much time it takes. I'm shrimp ignorant, but if you need help with anything, let me know.
Ann