Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #5950  by opae ula related

Paulao wrote:@opae ula related How's the Alphas doing? What do you feed them with? I thinking if i should redo my Alphas tank since my main tank is cycling now. :sidesmile:
video for you. =)
 #5952  by Paulao

@opae ula related cool.. you mixed them with opae ula. Do they chase after the opae ulas? Do our alphas feed on algae? Personally i have a small tank for them. But i felt its too small for them ( 2litre tank for 5 of them) Thinking if doing a 9litre tank for them with few big lava rocks. Previously one of them berried and i had a hard time trying to separate the mummy. But well it didn't worked out as one fine day she just dropped all her eggs. :cry:
 #5964  by Algae In Space

opae ula related wrote: 01 Dec 2018 06:07
Paulao wrote:@opae ula related How's the Alphas doing? What do you feed them with? I thinking if i should redo my Alphas tank since my main tank is cycling now. :sidesmile:
video for you. =)

Boy they seem so massive next to the Opaes. Like Schwarzenegger would next to me.

Yeah it would be interesting to know what they would do if they would not be fed! As far as I know they never have been seen preying on Opaes.
 #5966  by opae ula related

Algae In Space wrote:
opae ula related wrote: 01 Dec 2018 06:07
video for you. =)

Boy they seem so massive next to the Opaes. Like Schwarzenegger would next to me.

Yeah it would be interesting to know what they would do if they would not be fed! As far as I know they never have been seen preying on Opaes.
LOL, Arnie is massive. Not fair comparison in this tank since the opae ula are younger ones. Yeah, never saw them preying on Opae but highly likely larva though.
 #5999  by odin

I have never seen any one breed them in captivity and have had success with a survival rate.
 #6027  by opae ula related

Paulao wrote:@opae ula related cool.. you mixed them with opae ula. Do they chase after the opae ulas? Do our alphas feed on algae? Personally i have a small tank for them. But i felt its too small for them ( 2litre tank for 5 of them) Thinking if doing a 9litre tank for them with few big lava rocks. Previously one of them berried and i had a hard time trying to separate the mummy. But well it didn't worked out as one fine day she just dropped all her eggs. :cry:
Didn't see your post. They don't chase, it is more like get out of my way. I think they make a sound and it scares the opae ula away. Yes, I think they do feed on algae. 2 liters is half a gallon, yeah, seems small. You have a picture of your tank? You saw the dropped eggs?