Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #6028  by Paulao

opae ula related wrote: 05 Dec 2018 00:24
Paulao wrote:@opae ula related cool.. you mixed them with opae ula. Do they chase after the opae ulas? Do our alphas feed on algae? Personally i have a small tank for them. But i felt its too small for them ( 2litre tank for 5 of them) Thinking if doing a 9litre tank for them with few big lava rocks. Previously one of them berried and i had a hard time trying to separate the mummy. But well it didn't worked out as one fine day she just dropped all her eggs. :cry:
Didn't see your post. They don't chase, it is more like get out of my way. I think they make a sound and it scares the opae ula away. Yes, I think they do feed on algae. 2 liters is half a gallon, yeah, seems small. You have a picture of your tank? You saw the dropped eggs?
I've read before on fukubonsai website on a experiment which they put Alpha with opae ulas and they realise the opae ula stopped breeding. Probably because of stress from the Alpha. Meanwhile i read online on another article and it says that Alphas co-habitated with opae ula in the wild so logically it shouldn't be of a issue to place both together.

Does your opae ula breed in those tank together with Alpha? nope i didn't se them drop the eggs. Just on a day i saw it was berried n took a picture ( which is my display pic currently) and the next day when i visit the tank, the isolated mummy lost her eggs. It happened twice already. :sad2:

I've attached my current 2litre Alpha tank. pretty sure I'm gonna redo a new tank for them now with all the advice i've gathered.
Attachments:
Alpha opae ula tank-min.jpg
Alpha opae ula tank-min.jpg (931.99 KiB) Viewed 5157 times
 #6030  by opae ula related

Paulao wrote:
Paulao wrote:@opae ula related cool.. you mixed them with opae ula. Do they chase after the opae ulas? Do our alphas feed on algae? Personally i have a small tank for them. But i felt its too small for them ( 2litre tank for 5 of them) Thinking if doing a 9litre tank for them with few big lava rocks. Previously one of them berried and i had a hard time trying to separate the mummy. But well it didn't worked out as one fine day she just dropped all her eggs. :cry:
Didn't see your post. They don't chase, it is more like get out of my way. I think they make a sound and it scares the opae ula away. Yes, I think they do feed on algae. 2 liters is half a gallon, yeah, seems small. You have a picture of your tank? You saw the dropped eggs?

I've read before on fukubonsai website on a experiment which they put Alpha with opae ulas and they realise the opae ula stopped breeding. Probably because of stress from the Alpha. Meanwhile i read online on another article and it says that Alphas co-habitated with opae ula in the wild so logically it shouldn't be of a issue to place both together.

Does your opae ula breed in those tank together with Alpha? nope i didn't se them drop the eggs. Just on a day i saw it was berried n took a picture ( which is my display pic currently) and the next day when i visit the tank, the isolated mummy lost her eggs. It happened twice already. :sad2:

I've attached my current 2litre Alpha tank. pretty sure I'm gonna redo a new tank for them now with all the advice i've gathered.
Yeah, we have a conversation previously. The Opae Ula do breed. Below is the proof.
Also the Alpha mom eat their young. =(
Neat tank!

#6032  by Paulao

opae ula related wrote: 05 Dec 2018 03:47
Paulao wrote:

Yeah, we have a conversation previously. The Opae Ula do breed. Below is the proof.
Neat tank!

Wow that's cool man. Not 1 but 2 berried opae ula. Maybe I can add some opae ula to my new Alpha tank. The neat set up has nice hiding spots too. :grin2:
 #6036  by odin

I agree, Opae ula won’t breed while in alphas tanks was debunked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #6038  by Paulao

odin wrote: 05 Dec 2018 06:43 I agree, Opae ula won’t breed while in alphas tanks was debunked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Pretty certain about that with above evidence. :happy:
 #6045  by opae ula related

Paulao wrote:
Paulao wrote:

Neat tank!

Wow that's cool man. Not 1 but 2 berried opae ula. Maybe I can add some opae ula to my new Alpha tank. The neat set up has nice hiding spots too. :grin2:
You mis-counted. Image there were 4 I think in the video
 #6052  by opae ula related

Algae In Space wrote:I see! Yeah I never quite understood the difference. Where did you get these? That's strange. Why do you think they did not survive? I always thought they thrive in brackish water. And what are the new ones then munching away on the algae? Neritina pulligera?

I am 99,9% positive about the snail eggs. They look typical to me. Interestingly enough I wanted to ask you about your snails and how much eggs they lay. :grin:

Snail eggs in groove of heater.
 #6056  by Paulao

opae ula related wrote: 05 Dec 2018 17:13
Paulao wrote:

Neat tank!

You mis-counted. Image there were 4 I think in the video
Pardon my mistake. I'm just too enticed by your Alpha. :laugh:
 #6057  by opae ula related

Paulao wrote:
opae ula related wrote: 05 Dec 2018 17:13
Paulao wrote: Wow that's cool man. Not 1 but 2 berried opae ula. Maybe I can add some opae ula to my new Alpha tank. The neat set up has nice hiding spots too. :grin2:
You mis-counted. there were 4 I think in the video
Pardon my mistake. I'm just too enticed by your Alpha. :laugh:
Ha. No big deal, just saying. Can't wait to your new tank with Alphas.