Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #6610  by deedee71

Just wanted to share my opaeula tank. I got my shrimp from Odin a month ago and they are doing well, they’ve never hid, always seem to be on the move. The coral sand started going green so I added two Malaysian trumpet snails to churn over the sand and it seems to be working, so far, so good. The light is a usb powered led light I got off eBay and the tank is a 12 litre from pets at home. The sea fans are plastic, the green plant is a plastic plant, there’s a lump of ocean rock, which is a dry rock when bought, not live rock. There is plenty of lava rock, I stacked it up in the right hand corner, so give them a cave. the razor shells are off the beach and the starfish is artificial, salinity 1.012sg temps range between 15-20 degrees Celsius as the heater is only a 10 watt. May change that heater later but worried about getting a more powerful heater in there in case it overheats.
Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg (733.74 KiB) Viewed 22422 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (578.82 KiB) Viewed 22422 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (765.39 KiB) Viewed 22422 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (588.47 KiB) Viewed 22422 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (729.86 KiB) Viewed 22422 times
 #6635  by odin

Oh wow thats a nice setup for them! Dont disturb them too much and you will have them breeding in no time. :happy:

Thanks for the photos!
 #6731  by deedee71

opaeularelated, yes i bought my shrimp from Odin, they came next day. Still got all four shrimp.

i put in a slightly bigger heater since.

i noticed a freshly shed skin today when i topped up their water. Their bellies look nice and dark, mts snails keeping algae down. All seems happy ☺
 #6732  by opae ula related

deedee71 wrote:opaeularelated, yes i bought my shrimp from Odin, they came next day. Still got all four shrimp.

i put in a slightly bigger heater since.

i noticed a freshly shed skin today when i topped up their water. Their bellies look nice and dark, mts snails keeping algae down. All seems happy Image
Next day? That’s fast!
 #8691  by odin

That’s great news! How many babies do you think are in there now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro