Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #6712  by zlatan2601

How do opae handle floating objects? For esthetic effect i am thinking on adding a floating tube to my tank. Good idea or will this cause unnecessary stress?

I was thinking to add this tube (filled with something) :
IMG_20190202_182012.jpg
IMG_20190202_182012.jpg (695.15 KiB) Viewed 9999 times
 #6716  by zlatan2601

Haha, if the bottom is heavy and there is enough air in it, it will float and it can be beautiful I think. And it can work like the densimeter indeed :laugh: but that won't be easy to produce a working one.

Actually, isn't anyone keeping the densimeter in the tank all the time? Easy because it also measures temperature... Or is it risky to break it?

FYI: I was thinking about a colored liquid or some kind of plant in the tube... Maybe a small ship or a message in a bottle? :laugh: so many options...
 #6724  by zlatan2601

Between your opae tanks? Sounds cool, but if something goes wrong your both tanks will be polluted...
 #6730  by opae ula related

Algae In Space wrote:Sounds nice! I once broke a densimeter. They are not very robust.

I would love to have a water bridge between two tanks one day like this

Cool way to experiment water conditions. Imagine one tank has lower temps and the other warmer temps to see which they prefer or hang out more.