Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #7234  by opae ula related

deedee71 wrote:Vorteil, she flicked two babies out yesterday, still holding onto the others tho x
I like your term "flicked". =). I think the babies flick them selves out when they are ready and not the other way around. I have a video somewhere if you want to see a live birth.
 #7235  by deedee71

Opaeula related, I would love to see a live birth! Yay wow! Please show me. What camera did you film it with? xxxx

I found five babies today and mum still holding onto about 12 eggs or so. They're so tiny.
 #7236  by deedee71

Hope you can see this tiny little baby
Attachments:
IMG_20190501_103821409.jpg
IMG_20190501_103821409.jpg (549.55 KiB) Viewed 8247 times
 #7244  by opae ula related

deedee71 wrote: 01 May 2019 11:02 Opaeula related, I would love to see a live birth! Yay wow! Please show me. What camera did you film it with? xxxx

I found five babies today and mum still holding onto about 12 eggs or so. They're so tiny.
just a regular iphone 7.

look carefully at around the 17 sec mark.

#7245  by deedee71

thankyou for the video. i wish my phone camera was as good as yours.

i counted 15 babies today. it would be great if they all survive.
 #7246  by odin

You can buy a cheap addon that clip onto the back of your phones camera and lets you take real close up shots with some maneuvering. Its the macro lens that lets you do this of the 3 which is posted below.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-in-1-Mobil ... uVwtKsxsbA

This isnt my store and have no affiliation in the above link.
 #7263  by deedee71

Thanks Odin x I still can’t get a good picture with them, well I ordered the set of three lenses but he only had two, he didn’t have the bigger longer lense. Would that have been the one I needed?

I count 16 little floating babies. They’re in a tank next to my bed, it’s a great nightlight and I watch them for a good fifteen minutes before I nod off to sleep. Mum has no more babies, she looks quite pale so I hope she has a good rest before getting berried again.