Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #7265  by potion123456

That is black beard algae in short. I wonder how everyone's tank are having nice lush green algae while mine is always just this brown scruffy mess :/
Do you all introduce it or it grows naturally or what?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

#7266  by odin

You are going to need to tell us every little detail about your tank setup.

Water type, temp....etc

Maybe we can see what the issue is then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #7280  by tzg

i was setting up my big tank and it grew bba after i added seachem flourish, end up i abandoned the project. You can try to off light for a week, and see if situation improves, if it does, off your light till bba is completely out. all the best and keep us updated.
 #7281  by potion123456

Ive just bought and added seachem flourish excel. My 2 shrimps which i almost never see finally came out of hiding. Probably due to discomfort. Im still thinking if there's anything that can eat up the dead bba afterwards?ImageImageImageImageImage

#7283  by opae ula related

potion123456 wrote:That is black beard algae in short. I wonder how everyone's tank are having nice lush green algae while mine is always just this brown scruffy mess :/
Do you all introduce it or it grows naturally or what?

I introduced it. I think there are different variations of it.

This is screenshot of a video when I had it previously.Image
 #7297  by tzg

the shrimps came out might be due to the discomfort of new agent in the water too, there are metal and chlorine substance in the chemical.
 #7314  by odin

You could get some gloves on and pull as much out as you can then add some snails to try and get it cleaned up?