Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #7528  by opae ula related

Vorteil wrote:@opae ula related
Got me there.

I'm really pushing to clear some of my tanks. I had stocked the 20G long with some bluegill from an outside tank and a beaten up high fin shark. Then I thought to myself "why?". So I released the blue back to the stream I caught them at. Waiting for the high fin shark to recover and will sell it. Convert that tank to opae ula and try to keep the temps down this summer. That will be the last opae ula tank I will set up.
Wow, you into lots of other stuff.
 #7531  by Algae In Space

opae ula related wrote: 30 May 2019 19:19 First time with brine shrimp. Amazing life can form from eggs bought at a store. I think I added too much into the tank and really didnt see the Alpha grab for them , but they are aware if them.

Nice plankton :grin3: Ha can't tell if it caught something :sidesmile:

Did you manage to do that shot with a macro? It's so close!
 #7532  by opae ula related

Algae In Space wrote:
opae ula related wrote: 30 May 2019 19:19 First time with brine shrimp. Amazing life can form from eggs bought at a store. I think I added too much into the tank and really didnt see the Alpha grab for them , but they are aware if them.

Nice plankton :grin3: Ha can't tell if it caught something :sidesmile:

Did you manage to do that shot with a macro? It's so close!
Yeah, another macro attachment. Not super clear though.
 #7572  by opae ula related

Vorteil wrote:@opae ula related

Guess what day it is? & gues what you're going to do over the weekend? I suscribe to your Youtube channel so don't disapoint.
Saw some micro things moving when I noticed a molt. Know what they are?

#7573  by Vorteil

Your opae has fleas! Jk. Very interesting. Never seen those before. You wonder where these come from when maybe they weren't in the tank at the begining. Seems that over time stuff comes around. I have seed shrimp in one of my tanks. I have no idea where they came from or why after all these years they show up.