Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #7505  by opae ula related

Algae In Space wrote:I see! Well at least they don't waste anything. Guess I have to wait a bit longer for offspring then :upset:
If you look carefully, the egg breaks apart in the mouth. : (
 #7634  by Algae In Space

Hair algae is slowly spreading :nerner: What should I do? Rescaping not an option. Rocks glued. Otherwise I would just have used hot water. If I try and remove phosphate and nitrate the "good algae" will go away too... The light really is not to bright... I don't think that's the cause. The hair algae has somehow overgrown the "good algae patches".
Attachments:
IMG_2425.JPG
IMG_2425.JPG (521.01 KiB) Viewed 4557 times
 #7635  by odin

Snails and less feeding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #7637  by odin

I’d go with zebra nerite snails as they won’t breed and are bigger, if you pull out all the long stuff they just go about eating most of the algae and hair algae.

#7638  by Algae In Space

odin wrote: 12 Jun 2019 12:45 I’d go with zebra nerite snails as they won’t breed and are bigger, if you pull out all the long stuff they just go about eating most of the algae and hair algae.

Right! But they lay EGGS :nerner: :nerner: :nerner: Maybe it's time for some nerites then...

By the way: Is it true that they can not reproduce in brack? Anyone had offspring?
 #7645  by Vorteil

Stop feeding is proably the best way + picking it by hand. I would not use any chemicals to deal with it like phosphate remover. I have one tank that started to get a lot of it due to feeding. I knew it would happen but since I had quite a lot in the 5 gallon tank I wanted to be sure that there was enough algae to sustain them. I have done a water change which has helped. I don't feed any of my tanks not even a little. Just do a water change. It won't hurt & I believe it will help over time.