Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #7819  by odin

After the babies get so big they seem to go off and hide for a while before emerging larger, maybe its a stay safe tactic?
 #7871  by opae ula related

odin wrote:After the babies get so big they seem to go off and hide for a while before emerging larger, maybe its a stay safe tactic?
I think so too
 #7874  by deedee71

I hope so. I didn’t see any once they grew out of the lavae stage, but to then see four, I was elated.

I have even better news, on Monday I noticed a shed skin in the tank, and yesterday I saw a berried shrimp. They seem to do well in the tank, but they are mostly quite pale. Can I do anything to improve colour? They originally were quite red.
 #8092  by deedee71

I was watching my berried female, and then another berried female scooted past! The babies I got from the first pregnancy are so big. I have about ten babies and four adults. Some babies are nearly as big as adults. I am really pleased, I keep normal freshwater cherry shrimp and I don’t have any luck with them.
 #8093  by odin

You seem to have the knack for Opae ula keeping, they won’t breed if they are not happy! Congratulations :smile:
 #8102  by deedee71

Thanks Odin, I am very lucky. You sold me three girls and a boy and all the females have been pregnant.
 #8104  by opae ula related

deedee71 wrote:Thanks Odin, I am very lucky. You sold me three girls and a boy and all the females have been pregnant.
Man, lucky bastard. : )