Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #7811  by opae ula related

opae ula related wrote:Anyone happen to know plant id?

Thanks Rex113, now I know the name of this plant.
Maiden's Hair Plant
 #7817  by Vorteil

@opae ula related
Wow I see a few berried females roaming around. Nice algae growth you have going. I rarely see mine. When I used to feed spirulina all the opae would come out and I could see the berried ones. Since I don't feed anymore I don't see them since they seem to be in the lava rocks.
 #7820  by odin

My berried shrimp tend to sit around the heater, it does cast a nice shadow for them to hide in and its warm. :wink: Great videos @opae ula related .
 #7827  by opae ula related

Vorteil wrote:@opae ula related
Wow I see a few berried females roaming around. Nice algae growth you have going. I rarely see mine. When I used to feed spirulina all the opae would come out and I could see the berried ones. Since I don't feed anymore I don't see them since they seem to be in the lava rocks.
That video was late last yr. The algae on the rock is now gone since I poured boiling water in it to get rid of BBA. That maiden’s hair was the original ones in the video but I threw those out because BBA got mixed into it. Maybe The tank doesn’t have enough hiding spots but never noticed berried ones hide.

The video of lazy post larvae shows the algae on the rock all gone :(
If you notice the rock has white areas due to hydrogen peroxide cleaning of the rock.
 #7835  by maui opae ula

I didnt get berried female till adding seashells right from a Maui beach.... apparently the calcium is what makes the difference. My youtube has a drawing for a cup of Maui Seashells to some lucky new subscriber youtube channel is maui feather lei
 #7840  by opae ula related

maui opae ula wrote:I didnt get berried female till adding seashells right from a Maui beach.... apparently the calcium is what makes the difference. My youtube has a drawing for a cup of Maui Seashells to some lucky new subscriber youtube channel is maui feather lei
Hi maui opae ula! I didnt know you were in this forum? How long you had your lohena?
 #7854  by odin

Welcome to the forum @maui opae ula :happy:
 #8000  by Vorteil

It happens. You never know why. Just don't overthink what the cause may be and jump to conclusions on what to do. You never know the age. Overall I myself have only seen a handful of deaths.