Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #7995  by Opae157

After my last tank started leaking i think due to low quality tank I decided to move them into a Jar as i saw many success with Jar setups here hehe i mixed new brackish water and test with one opae for today see if no issue i will transfer the other 8 to this jar hahaha. 3.3L jar after minusing all the deco stuff the water capacity that fit was 3L. mixed 60g of instant ocean marine salt to 3L waters and aerated it overnight.
Attachments:
WhatsApp Image 2019-07-17 at 12.50.24 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-07-17 at 12.50.24 PM.jpeg (70.88 KiB) Viewed 8383 times
 #7998  by Opae157

@Algae In Space its called ceramic shrimp cubes hahaha i am hoping to make it as a playground for them. I have another 3 which i may put some spirulina powder on them then put them in during feeing end of the month and see if they crowd there to eat and scavange about which would be nice to see hahaa
 #7999  by Vorteil

At first just took a quick glance at the jar. No glasses on so I thought I saw Legos in there :laugh:

The jar will do great. Just enjoy it and the opae will thrive in it. So simple & easy. You'll be surprised how well they day.
lego.jpg
lego.jpg (19.24 KiB) Viewed 8363 times
 #8003  by Algae In Space

Opae157 wrote: 17 Jul 2019 12:48 @Algae In Space its called ceramic shrimp cubes hahaha i am hoping to make it as a playground for them. I have another 3 which i may put some spirulina powder on them then put them in during feeing end of the month and see if they crowd there to eat and scavange about which would be nice to see hahaa

Nice! I sense that "contemporary art touch" :smile:

But in all honesty: I think they are cool.
 #8007  by Owlbit

:blush: I like those ceramic cubes. I was thinking of getting some as decoration for my tank.

My shrimps seem to like their lava cubes. Maybe they like art. :lol:
 #8010  by Opae157

@Vorteil i cant remember where but i remember seeing a lego scaped aquarium for the opaes somewhere hahaha they scaped star wars theme with legos and they used those mini lego and left some spaces in between the lego as caves for opae hahaha looks coool but tad too many lego and not that much natural look for my liking.

@Owlbit its quite cheap to get those online i guess hahaha i saw another type which looks like a starfish hahaha

@Algae In Space yeah they actually look cool jump put it there feels like i have put 2 pieces of art into it i guess because of the colours it looks nice as well i am glad i got this colour instead of the white colour cube haha
 #8036  by odin

Owlbit wrote::blush: I like those ceramic cubes. I was thinking of getting some as decoration for my tank.

My shrimps seem to like their lava cubes. Maybe they like art. :lol:

Great little tank that! Keep the photos and updates coming for us all to see... i use the lava rock cubes too.. shame they only come in 6's id like a bucket full lol.
 #8094  by Opae157

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-26 at 11.53.49 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-07-26 at 11.53.49 AM.jpeg (82.26 KiB) Viewed 8262 times
i spotted 2 miniature shrimps hahahah i think they are larvae hahahaha but i dont remember noticing any berried opae but i noticed 1 opae with wider stomach part she only had 2? lolol
 #8095  by Owlbit

Opae157 wrote: 26 Jul 2019 04:56 WhatsApp Image 2019-07-26 at 11.53.49 AM.jpegi spotted 2 miniature shrimps hahahah i think they are larvae hahahaha but i dont remember noticing any berried opae but i noticed 1 opae with wider stomach part she only had 2? lolol
So cute and tiny. Congrats. Now they can grow up and play on those ceramic cubes. :lol: