Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #8190  by Vorteil

I have quite a few berried females. I'm sure some have had to already released their babies but I've never seen any free floating ones. I know the adults would surely eat them quickly.

I'll post pics once I figure out why they are all coming up sideways and how to correct it.
 #8198  by Vorteil

So since my tanks are in the garage I get bugs crawling around from time to time. Last night found an earwig crawling on the ground. It's a small bug about the same size as the ML. Stunned it & dropped it in the ML tank. Seems the ML sensed there was something new in the tank & started a frenzy crawling all over the place. I saw one of the ML's grab it & disappear amongst the lava.

I would love to try & feed them fruit flies.
Earwig.jpg
Earwig.jpg (4.17 KiB) Viewed 6986 times
 #8200  by opae ula related

Vorteil wrote:So since my tanks are in the garage I get bugs crawling around from time to time. Last night found an earwig crawling on the ground. It's a small bug about the same size as the ML. Stunned it & dropped it in the ML tank. Seems the ML sensed there was something new in the tank & started a frenzy crawling all over the place. I saw one of the ML's grab it & disappear amongst the lava.

Earwig.jpg
Woah, you need to record that.
 #8206  by Algae In Space

Vorteil wrote: 08 Aug 2019 18:19 So since my tanks are in the garage I get bugs crawling around from time to time. Last night found an earwig crawling on the ground. It's a small bug about the same size as the ML. Stunned it & dropped it in the ML tank. Seems the ML sensed there was something new in the tank & started a frenzy crawling all over the place. I saw one of the ML's grab it & disappear amongst the lava.

Earwig.jpg

Holy moly!

Quick question: How do you stun an earwig?
 #8258  by Vorteil

@opae ula related
No but I'm sure they would go for it. Have you? I really want to raise some wingless fruit flies and feed it to them I feel these thrive on most live or dead foods. Pretty much a scavenger. I only have one 40 gallon sponge filter that's in this 10 gallon tank. May add another.