Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #8532  by Algae In Space

odin wrote: 20 Oct 2019 06:57 I didn’t know that, did they say why you cannot sell them any more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They say it's because of criminal "pet gangs" who exploit animals and sell them over the internet. But these measures are just overkill! Now no privat person can sell anymore. Not even give them away for free! This is insanity.
 #8533  by odin

They have somthing similar here for puppy farms only. It seems silly for a blanket ban though.

#8539  by Algae In Space

opae ula related wrote: 20 Oct 2019 02:56
Algae In Space wrote:Exponential growth is really setting in now. From 3 to about 40 TS in under one year. :smile:
Guess I'll start selling them soon... But it's forbidden to sell animals over the web since last year or so here in Austria for private sellers. Wich sucks! :nerner: :nerner: :nerner:
Even aquarium pets?

Have received word from the govt that it is allowed to sell snails over the web. But maybe(?) not shrimp. She wasn't sure :smile:
 #8541  by odin

Lol only snails? So they are not covered by the cruelty law :p

#8543  by odin

Snails have feelings too! Lol.

#8577  by Algae In Space

Strange! My nerite snails don't seem to have the power to clean the glass anymore... They do crawl on the glass and eat (I can see them) but the algae does not seem to come off... Have you ever had this?
 #8578  by opae ula related

Algae In Space wrote:Strange! My nerite snails don't seem to have the power to clean the glass anymore... They do crawl on the glass and eat (I can see them) but the algae does not seem to come off... Have you ever had this?
Algae plentiful in tank? Maybe eating off the easy stuff with less effort.
 #8581  by odin

I agree, they are probably full.