Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #9153  by Lance76

Good day all.
New to Opae ula, just going threw the reserch and lookie see stage still, but one thing i have not managed to find out,or more likley have missed. (This site is briallant)
Is there an ideal lava/porous rock to water ratio?
 #9154  by opae ula related

Lance76 wrote:Good day all.
New to Opae ula, just going threw the reserch and lookie see stage still, but one thing i have not managed to find out,or more likley have missed. (This site is briallant)
Is there an ideal lava/porous rock to water ratio?
No rule. What kind of look you achieving?
 #9156  by odin

You can use as much of as little as you wish :happy: the more hiding places made with rocks or caves the better.
 #9162  by odin

Take a look at ceramic caves, they fit in well and you can cover them in lava rock.
 #9167  by Lance76

Thank you for the above,
i have a bunch of neocaridina tanks, but opaes are so diffrent, :D
From reading threw this site, and a few other bits, i might try somthing a little diffrent, and just go with a rock wall on the rear of the jar, and the cave built into the base of the wall. i liked that idea.

Now the hard part, to find a 8-10l strait walled jar :grinning: with lid.

when i finaly get started, i am sure i will be posting a bunch of questions and show off photos( best part of any forum:D

Thank you again for the help.
 #9168  by odin

What country are you based in? Maybe we can help you find a tank/jar.. does it need to be a cylinder or can it be a cube/cuboid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #9172  by Lance76

Im in the uk, Getting a cube tank is easy, I have both a 10 and 30 in the loft, i just have a thing for jarrariums at the moment, so would like to try keep the theme going if i can.
 #9174  by odin

Ikea has some nice cylinders you can use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro