Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #9346  by Vorteil

So the macro algae has grown to the point that that's what I'm watching instead of the shrimp. Decided to take some of it out.
Attachments:
IMG_3901.jpg
IMG_3901.jpg (75.53 KiB) Viewed 6123 times
IMG_3902.jpg
IMG_3902.jpg (59.69 KiB) Viewed 6123 times
IMG_3899.jpg
IMG_3899.jpg (61.9 KiB) Viewed 6123 times
IMG_3860.jpg
IMG_3860.jpg (59.57 KiB) Viewed 6123 times
IMG_3863.jpg
IMG_3863.jpg (60.04 KiB) Viewed 6123 times
IMG_3856.jpg
IMG_3856.jpg (55.22 KiB) Viewed 6123 times
 #9349  by opae ula related

That’s a lot. See if your ML would munch on them.
 #9350  by Vorteil

No macro algae in the ML tank. I feed those live scuds, frozen red worms and flake food every day.
 #9351  by opae ula related

Vorteil wrote:No macro algae in the ML tank. I feed those live scuds, frozen red worms and flake food every day.
They need their veggies Image
 #9353  by Vorteil

@opae ula related
They would eat this? If they will I'll transfer some over. It's growing too fast.
 #9355  by Johnny Max

This is my first post here. I am gearing up to set up an Opae Ula tank.
I have freshwater shrimp tanks.
What kind of macro algae is that and where can I get some?
Thanks. I do want something that grows easily.
 #9356  by Vorteil

Only 2 that I know sell it. Myself and google. google gives very little. My algae is bigger. I purchased mine years ago from google as their is the only one I know that sells one that survive in brackish water. You cannot use or acclimate the salt water version chaeto as that will just melt away after a weeks time. I tried that. Here's a link to mine or just message me directly through here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brackish-Water ... SwZmpe3zlE
 #9357  by Johnny Max

Thanks, I will definitly order some, then I need to get my Opae Ula. I will message you about both.
 #9360  by Johnny Max

Vorteil wrote: 18 Sep 2020 00:21 Only 2 that I know sell it. Myself and google. google gives very little. My algae is bigger. I purchased mine years ago from google as their is the only one I know that sells one that survive in brackish water. You cannot use or acclimate the salt water version chaeto as that will just melt away after a weeks time. I tried that. Here's a link to mine or just message me directly through here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brackish-Water ... SwZmpe3zlE
I tried to private message you twice. I am not sure I am doing it right.
 #9365  by odin

If the message is sat in your outbox it will be waiting for him to read it, failing that message him on eBay.