Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #9421  by Owlbit

It has been a long while since I last updated. For the most part, I have neglected my opae ula tank. I have neglected topping off evaporated water, no water changes, I didn't feed them, I looked at them every once in a while, etc. And here is the result of the tank...
20201003_103656.jpg
20201003_103656.jpg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 5544 times
There are over a dozen tiny red dots floating in the water.

This, however is not the first time I noticed babies. Last month I spotted (for a few seconds) a berried female and then later 2 floating dots which later went to baby shrimp stage and disappeared among the rocks.

I have no idea what the salinity of the tank is (given 2" water loss) and was thinking I would need to add some water soon, but now I need to leave them alone. The tank has also gotten green since my last update. I thought it was 'dirty' but I guess it is fine.

So what do you think?
 #9425  by odin

Yep it just goes to show that the less you disturb them the better they do! I agree with Opae ula related though, top off the tank as it won’t bother them. :happy:
 #9428  by Vorteil

Congrats. Best thing for an opae tank is just set it up & forget it. It should continue to do well. Just enjo it and top it off very slowly.