Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #9504  by Lance76

Well, have a bunch of cherry shrimp jars and thought I would give Opae a go, been looking into them for years.
I finished the set up last night.
10l tank,had to settle on plastic as I have spent the last 4 months looking for a glass one of the size I want without luck, but I think it looks ok, and I managed to set up without scratching,,i think.
Lava and coral sand.
Ebay leds (not overly bright) and heater built into the rockwork at the back.
Have started cycling, so just a matter of time now.

I had to estimate my initial SG when I set it up (8.8l of water) as I kinda forgot to get myself a refractometer(any one know of a good cheep and cheerful brand in the UK?) or will a Ebay special and a bottle of calibration fluid do?

Can anyone recommend a UK breeder as it seams the site shop is closed.

Lance
Attachments:
20201103_203742 (1).jpg
20201103_203742 (1).jpg (875.36 KiB) Viewed 11992 times
 #9505  by odin

Welcome to the forum! I really like the tank too, when you are ready just send me a PM on here or eBay and I can sell shrimp via PayPal on an invoice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #9560  by Vorteil

If you can try to add as many tanks as possible & experiment with them. I've learned a lot by trying different things. You'll also come to realize what sites are hobbyist centric(Odin) vs money centric. I won't mention them since to each his own. Nothing wrong with that, What I don't like is not support after I've purchased something and it dies only to have me buy it again and...pretty much figure it out on my own what to do.
 #9564  by Johnny Max

Vorteil wrote: 12 Nov 2020 08:17 ....You'll also come to realize what sites are hobbyist centric(Odin) vs money centric...
I agree. I check this forum every day. It keeps me focused about my Opae Ula....
 #9587  by odin

Just noticed that you have your lid on, if you take it off while you cycle your tank it will speed it up and get algae growing faster :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #9608  by odin

Oh dear lol.