Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #9508  by Johnny Max

Has anyone ever tried to raise Copepods & amphipod in an Opea Ula aquarium?

Copepods.jpg
Copepods.jpg (27.91 KiB) Viewed 4812 times
 #9509  by Vorteil

I do. Some I stuck in the tank on purpose some by accident or cross contamination of a turkey baster. They thrive in brackish water. If they numbers get too almost impossible to remove. These also got into my freshwater Neo shrimp tanks. Just too many in there now. I can't get them out. I use them as a live food source especially for the Alpha ML. Usually the scuds won't last a day in the tank as they're eaten up quickly.

#9511  by Johnny Max

Vorteil wrote: 04 Nov 2020 23:51 I do. Some I stuck in the tank on purpose some by accident or cross contamination of a turkey baster. They thrive in brackish water. If they numbers get too almost impossible to remove. These also got into my freshwater Neo shrimp tanks. Just too many in there now. I can't get them out. I use them as a live food source especially for the Alpha ML. Usually the scuds won't last a day in the tank as they're eaten up quickly.
What type of live food is that. I would like to set up a live food ranch tank?
Also, what type of shrimp was that feeding?
 #9512  by Johnny Max

I am wanting to set up this small light bulb aquarium I made as a brackish tank. I will not make any of my Opae Ula suffer in such a small tank.
What I want to do is put in some of the macro algae in it along with vary small Copepods, or Amphipods.
Are you willing to part with some. We can do it the same way as the rocks.
Light Aquarium.jpg
Light Aquarium.jpg (72.02 KiB) Viewed 4788 times
 #9539  by Johnny Max

Vorteil wrote: 05 Nov 2020 20:24 https://www.ebay.com/itm/164237640165
I have plenty of macro algae I already got from you Vorteil. Are you willing to sell a colony starter of Copepods, or Amphipods?
I am wanting to set up a tank just for them. I have always loved micro marine life. I thought I as a rare breed, but it seems many are becoming interested through the popularity of shrimp aquariums.
I will shoot you an email...