Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #10264  by Chaiwatuk

I'm not selling macro algae at moment but if you cover shipping I will send some out to you free, this shouldn't be behind lock and key :happy: .[/quote]

Many thanks [mention]odin [/mention] Have direct messaged you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #10278  by Chaiwatuk

Update on my tank. Minor algae on the lava rocks and minor bio films. Nitrite at 0.89 mg/ll from 3 last week. but also nitrate now 0 from 22 mg/l 5 days ago. Either on track to be ready or strange results. Will check again. Using tetra strip.

#10291  by odin

Chaiwatuk wrote: 22 Apr 2022 23:26 Update on my tank. Minor algae on the lava rocks and minor bio films. Nitrite at 0.89 mg/ll from 3 last week. but also nitrate now 0 from 22 mg/l 5 days ago. Either on track to be ready or strange results. Will check again. Using tetra strip.

How is it progressing? Hope it’s going well!
 #10295  by odin

looks like one of my tanks :smile: which substrate are you using because it looks nice. :happy:
 #10297  by odin

You have algae growing so id say its safe to put shrimp in, if you have issues after adding shrimp large water changes will rectify the problem.
 #10303  by Chaiwatuk

Status report. Journey has begun.

Little Opae Ula have arrived. Thanks [mention]odin [/mention]!

water in good condition though pH a bit low at 7.3. (I recently added a lime stone marine rock so see how it goes). With more algae growing slow but steady.

The shrimps are still a bit shy and 1-2 out of 10 of them comes out of hiding at any one time.

They are eating algae in the gravel and lava rocks. No feeding yet. Will give them a week before feeding them with small toothpick of spirulina that I bought.