Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #10503  by hydride

Hi,

I broke my two ecosphere shrimp out some time ago and they’re currently sitting in a new jar with the same water/materials while I figure out how to safely add stuff. Can I increase the tank to about .5~.6 gal without adding more shrimp? Another forum reply said I would have to add a filter if I was only keeping the two shrimp in there.

I was going to add more calcium carbonate and a lava rock, but nothing else besides the (cycled) water from another shrimp tank. I considered more algae but don’t want there to be too much since there are only two. Just wanted to give them extra room. How would I determine the amount of calcium carbonate to add as well?

Thanks so much!
 #10505  by Vorteil

Why are you adding calcium carbonate rock? It's a waste of money & unnecessary. Why it that needed and is there proof there is. It just a gimmick so they can make money off of you. If you're in the US let me sell it to you. I can use some extra money.